It is wonderful to see the classrooms start to come alive with children’s learning this week, bringing some normality and a sense of achievement to all. While we are sorry not to be able to share this with parents at the moment, you will get to enjoy seeing their work at Parents’ Evenings. We have decided that we want to be able to meet parents face to face so are in the process of organising after school meetings over the period of a couple of weeks. We will let you know next week how to sign up for a meeting.
A reminder that we are urging families to take up the offer of the flu vaccine. We must do all we can to safeguard the NHS so minimising the impact of the flu is an absolute necessity. The nurse will be coming to give the vaccine (which is a nasal spray, not an injection) on Wednesday 14th October. Families will need to complete and return the consent letters that were sent home last week.
We sent a link to Y3’s wonderful assembly on mindfulness to families today but if you would like to enjoy it too, you will find it on the Y3 blog page of the school website (you will also find it in the ‘Latest News’ section). Your children may have shared that they are still able to earn merits through the usual ways including, putting in extra effort in learning, showing courage, caring and cooperating, to name but a few. I will visit each class on a Friday to give children their certificates and hear how they have achieved their merits.
Assembly weeks this half term:
|Fri 2nd Oct||Y2|
|Fri 9th Oct||Y5|
|Fri 16Th Oct||Reception|
|Fri 23rd Oct||Y4|
|Fri 6th Nov||Y6|
|Fri 13th Nov||Y1|
Please see the table below for days and times. There may still places available in all class clubs, so if you would like your child to be involved, please contact the school office to find out how to join.
|Before school (8.00-8.40am)|| ||Y6 multi-sport|| Y1 multi-sport|
|After school (3.30-4.30pm)||Y4 multi-sport||Y3 multi-sport||Y5 multi-sport||Y2 multi-sport |
Our incredibly supportive PiP reps are keen to begin finding creative ways of fundraising.
You can still join HTSS Fantasy Football League via the link on ParentPay to donate to the purchase of more school iPads. If you contribute towards this fund you will be sent the passwords to join the Fantasy Football League, so please do contribute to this if you are able. More details below:
- Individual and group lessons are now taking place; if you would like to take up an instrument, please contact Camden Music
- Recorder for Y3 is on Wednesdays
- Class bands for Y4, Y5 & Y6 are on Thursdays. If you would like an additional one to one brass lesson, please contact Camden Music.
It is important to remember that we all need to help each other, we can’t do everything ourselves. What is impossible for one person alone isn’t so difficult for a group working together. There’s a description in the Bible of the church likening it to a body. Everyone’s gifts and talents are needed just like hands and toes are all important for a body. Everyone is important.
We are all part of different communities where we have a special part to play. We need to work together with others and help them too as they do their part.
Working together makes sense whatever you believe, but Christians believe that what really makes a difference is remembering to rely on God because he is the one who really helps us to achieve the impossible.
I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.Corinthians 1:10
Donations via ParentPay
We would like to remind parents that they can still donate to our appeal for classroom iPads on ParentPay.
Castlehaven Community Centre is a hub of opportunities and events so please go to their website for details of what they have to offer including the projects below:
- Activ8 Programme is a new after school club for children from 8-13 years old.
- The Community Park and and Horticulture Hub runs various family events and activities.
- C-19 Foodbank is currently running for people and families in need at Clarence Hall in the Clarence Way Estate.
- Recent months have seen many changes at Littlehaven Nursery resulting in the provision being recognised as being ‘good’ by Ofsted. Some of our new Reception families speak highly of the nursery and about how much their children enjoyed it. They currently have nursery spaces so please contact them if you would like to find out more.
- We also wanted to let you know that Littlehaven Nursery is currently running a breakfast club for children in Reception and Year 1
Term dates for 2020 – 2021
|First day of autumn term||Thursday 3rd September 2020|
|Half term||Monday 26th – Friday 30th October|
|Last day of autumn term||Friday 18th December|
|First day of spring term||Monday 4th January 2021|
|Half term||Monday 15th – Friday 19th February|
|Last day of spring term||Thursday 1st April|
|First day of summer term||Monday 19th April|
|Half term||Monday 31st May – Friday 4th June|
|Last day of summer term||Friday 16th July|