Year 2 played double or halve! You can play this game at home. All you need is 2 players, a dice and some paper (a 100 square or number line might help too).
How to play:
- Decide on a target number. This is the total that both players are trying to make.
- Player 1 throws the dice. They can choose whether to double the number shown or halve the number shown.
- Player 2 throws the dice. In the same way, they can choose whether to double the number shown or halve the number shown. Player 2 adds their number onto Player 1’s number to make a running total.
- Play continues like this with each player rolling the dice, halving or doubling the number, and adding the result onto the running total.
- The winner is the player who reaches the target number exactly.