If music be the food of love, play on; give me excess of it, that, surfeiting, the appetite may sicken, and so die.William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
What fun we had at Sports Day! Thank you to all those that helped to make it such a success, especially our wonderful Coach Steve who continually inspires us all through his enthusiasm and energy!
Congratulations to Red Team the overall winners but all the children should feel very proud of the resilience and sporting spirit they showed.
Save the date: NEW DATE: Thursday 6th July – HTSS Summer Fair
We urgently need raffle prizes so please could parents focus on seeking these from friends, family and any local or known businesses.
Friday class assemblies this term are a collective worship session led by each class on the following dates. Thank you to Y2 who helped us this week to think about how we do not need riches to enter heaven but we do need to give in our care and love for one another and trust in God always being there for us.
- Friday 30th June – Y1
Infants: Tuesday 11th July – 10am & 2pm
Y3/Y4: Friday 14th July – 10am & 2pm
Y5/Y6: Tuesday 18th July at 6pm; Wednesday 19th July at 10am
Christian Value of Wisdom
Wisdom is knowing what is right, and doing it. It goes beyond knowledge and information. Wisdom is the ability to make good decisions, and live life well. Wisdom is doing now what you’ll be happy with later. It is not doing what you feel like doing in the moment and hoping it won’t cause a problem.
Wisdom is something that must be actively acquired and pursued. The book of Proverbs in the Bible was written by King Solomon, who was considered the wisest man on earth. He wrote these proverbs as a manual for living a good life. There are many lessons that Proverbs teach us including that it’s the wise man who listens to instruction. This is a very commonsense way of thinking that will help to deal with the challenges that life can bring and enable us to lead a successful life.
For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.Proverbs 2:6
Attendance and Punctuality
Infants: Year 1 Juniors: Year 6
Infants: Reception with 99% Juniors: Year 3 & 4 with 97%
SEND PARENTS DAY BOOK YOUR FREE PLACE NOW. CLICK HERE.
Camden Mental Health Support Team (MHST) free webinar and in-person workshop for June & July:
* Secondary transition webinar for parents of Y6 children
* Emotion Coaching in-person workshop for primary age children (Emotion Coaching is a strategy we use in school to support children with identifying emotions, validating feelings and setting boundaries and limits around children’s behaviour).
- For parents and carers of Year 6 children moving to secondary school in September 2023
The Mental Health Support Team (MHST) are running a parent and carer webinar around supporting young people currently in Year 6 with the move from primary to secondary school. The webinar will be held online via Zoom and lasts for 60 minutes, with an optional follow-up slot of 30 minutes for questions and comments:
Friday 23rd June, 12:00-13:30
To sign up, please use the following link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/supporting-transition-from-year-6-to-secondary-school-universal-tickets-602552449597
2. For parents and carers of primary school age children: Emotion Coaching
On Monday 10th July and Monday 17th July from 12:15 to 14:15, the MHST are holding a two-part, in person workshop at the Tavistock Centre on Emotion Coaching. This is a parenting approach that explores steps to support identifying a child’s emotions, validating their feelings and setting boundaries and limits around children’s behaviour. It is hoped that this workshop will provide a space where parents and carers can come together to hear about Emotion Coaching but also to learn from one another and to share their experiences.
To sign up, please use the following link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/147523519819
Free Counselling Service for Parents
We highly recommend the free counselling service for parents through Camden. You can find out more and register your interest via this leaflet.
CAMHS Open Minded Webinars
The school also recommends the “Open Minded” webinars. Find our more by clicking here.
- Windrush 75th Celebration Party – Sat 24th June between 12pm-4pm, we are still waiting on promotional items to be sent. This event will be celebrating the commemoration of the 75th Anniversary OF HMT Empires Windrush’s arrival at the port of Tilbury in 1948. Please come and join us in a celebration of Afro Caribbean music, food, art, dance and history – this event is completely free!
- LGBTIQ+ Outsider Pride Sober Picnic – Wednesday 28th June 2023 12.30pm till 4pm, in Castlehaven Community Park, this event is a sober and inclusive gathering free from corporate branding and rainbow logos. Families, activists, and allies are all welcome to come together and commemorate the Stonewall riots and the LGBTIQ+ homeless individuals who bravely fought for their rights.
- Summer Scheme with Activ8 & Rebound (8-17yrs) – Starting on Monday 24th July until Thursday 17th August 2023. Please see attached flyer for more details. Bookings are essential and all sessions are free. Children must live in the Camden borough to attend.
Camden Music Service
From Y1 onwards, you can sign your child up to learn an instrument in school. For more information and to download the Camden Music Service application form, please click here.
Term dates for 2022 – 2023
|First day of autumn term
|Monday 5th September
|Monday 24th – Friday 28th October
|Last day of autumn term
|Friday 16th December
|First day of spring term
|Wednesday 4th January 2023
|Monday 13th – Friday 17th February
|Last day of spring term
|Friday 31st March
|First day of summer term
|Monday 17th April
|Monday 29th May – Friday 2nd June
|Last day of summer term
|Friday 21st July